Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Do Not Stop

It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop. -Confucius
I use to do five year plans, and yearly plans, and monthly updates.......that was many lives ago.
Now, I have my "what do I want " list, a vow to stay in the now as much as possible, and  the earnest yearning to slow time.....my, my how things change.

I have an understanding that yoga feeds my body and my spirit, and that music feeds my soul and ego. My friends are my jewels, and every day that I get to breathe is a gift beyond value.  It no longer matters how slow life  moves, I have been taught the lessons of patience so many times, I am like melted butter on grilled corn. Repetition is my middle name.

For those of you who are full tilt boogie, I salute you.....I still have my moments, and memories.....but I am tired  of these lessons on patience.....I am waiting for the wheel to turn again.  I think the energy is there, I have not stopped, hopefully it is just building strength......that surge of power to thrust me into the universe one more time of life in  the fast lane somewhere......or is this it?  surely not.

So for those of you, who like me tonight, who are still moving, though so slow......we cannot stop.
Maybe we never were hares, maybe we have always been tortoise in disguise......I think not. I choose to think that bright as a rainbow, we'll shine once again!
Just don't stop.
Good night, Sweet dreams.




7 comments:

  1. Living in the now is a good thing. I am trying to do it more, and to stop worrying so much about tomorrow, next week, next month. The only guarantee about the future is that it's coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jilda...very lovely philosophy.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the phrase "full tilt boogie"! Love it!!

    It does no good to be rushing all the time!!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, how time changes us. No one has much need to tell me to "Slow down, you're moving too fast ..." these days. But that's OK, because, I'm still "feeling groovy."

    ReplyDelete
  5. A friendly reminder that the tortoise won the race and got to smell the flowers along the way. Full tilt boogie just blows the the flowers. :)

    As the dog hair in your comment... I'm thinking of saving it just in case we have another oil spill. I have enough for at least a mile long buoy. :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, we will shine again. Great thoughts, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice post today. because of sadness and confusion im having now yes maybe i feel i am moving too slow but i will keep on moving. it will help me get there.

    very promising, we will shine once again. i love that!

    JJRod'z

    btw, life 101 suggested this blog to me.

    ReplyDelete