Sunday, August 28, 2011

Berkeley Bob's

I don't think that I have ever posted photos of us performing, so here are a couple from last night's gig that my friend Jackie shot with her phone.

Playing Berkely Bob's Coffee House is one of the best places for a singer/songwriter to perform.  It is a true listening venue.....people come to hear the music, not socialize.  Actually Bob's was chosen as one of the best 100 music venues in Alabama this year, and rightly so.
Bob and his wife Gerri, have created a haven for musicians.....and I feel honored that he has invited us to play time and time again.  We actually have what our friend Jerry Henry calls a "super fan" at Bob's.....his name is Mat, and he has never missed a one of our shows.  I would walk across coals for Mat!

Our crowd last night was outstanding, the room was full, they were into our music, and I think that the four of us gave them a great show.  Four singer/songwriters,  all very different, yet our styles compliment each other.
My friend Jackie who took the photos told me during break, that I was glowing, that I had my music glow!
She was right, there is nothing but happiness and joy in my heart and spirit when I am on that stage singing.

The night started with a mishap.....Fred and the guys had the stage ready, we were doing a sound check,
and when it came time for me to do my check, my guitar filled my ear buds with the most horrible sounds.
My pick-up in the guitar, well it seems the connector to the battery had broken......I learned a valuable lesson, always carry an extra guitar.....I spent the show guitar-less.  It's ok, I sang my heart out.

So here we are on stage, at Berkeley Bob's, starting from the left......Steve Norris, Skip Cochran,
me, and Rick.   The stage is small, not the best for photos with four people, but you get a feel for it.

It was a good gig, we have the best sound man around, Fred Miller......we had fun, the audience had fun.....it was a good night!  Hopefully, one day soon, Rick and I will be in your town!  Have guitar, will travel.
Good night, Sweet dreams.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pics of you guys singing. The coffee house sounds like a great place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why now I'd love to be in your audience...I think it would be just delightful!

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun! Any chance of you posting a little video or sound clip on your blog sometime?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can imagine that there would have been a tremendous atmosphere in the Coffee House.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow!!! Look at you and your fab group!! You are glowing Jilda - beautiful!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look happy and into it! Wish I could listen to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to have been there.

    ReplyDelete