Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Fire Drill

A beautiful blue sky today, it made the colors of the leaves even more brilliant.  The drive home was a meditative one, with an ever watchful eye for Mr. Deer.  I taught a yoga class on how to use yoga to deal with anxiety today.  I hear that word, anxiety and also anxious many times each week.

LOTS of breath work, very gentle stretches and many hugs.......that was the first class.  The second class came in, once again we were off to great start with breath work and then.........the piercing shrillness of the fire alarm!  Of all days, we had a fire drill!  UGH!  I owe my second class big, and I promised I would make it up to them on Thursday.   A fire drill!.......working on anxiety and we have a fire drill.  Tonight, I am laughing about the absurdity of it all, but today it was not funny.

What can I say, you just never know what the day will bring.......in the midst of a soothing class for anxiety relief..........a fire drill!  Gotta smile and love it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi good advise, although you can control your anxiety it needs a lot of time and effort and everybody is different, but it is definitely possible. It took me years to get over my anxiety, i wrote some about it here: http://getoveranxiety.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had a few days that seem like an ordinary day...then something happens and it's like a blaring fire alarm! I think it's just how life goes sometimes. I think it was a perfect example of how to curb anxiety...I bet they're all looking forward to Thursday!

    ReplyDelete