Saturday, June 18, 2011

Moon Ramblings

Some nights the words come so easy and then there are nights like tonight......thoughts don't make sense, and words are hidden somewhere deep in the canyons of my mind.  It's ok, honestly I never really thought of myself as a writer(well a songwriter but not a writer, writer).  Most nights when the words do come, it is so easy......as though they are being fed to me by some loving muse who feels sorry for me.......the person writing the blog who does not see herself as a writer.

Many of my friends don't know that I write  a blog, many of my family members don't know about this blog, not sure why that is......I do let most  of my yoga students know about it.  It's not that I even think I have that much to say, most often I just allow my thoughts and feelings to flow through my fingers onto this page.  Where do those words come from? and why do I write them?

I have an odd responsibility to this blog and to those of you who read it.......sometimes I sit down to write and I am so tired I can barely keep my eyes open,  but I want to keep that connection open, that friendship to those who read my words......in some ways it is like a bizarre love affair and there can be no disappointments.
Maybe our world has become so disconnected, so fragmented that these blogs feed our need to be heard, to be recognized, to be cared for.  Or maybe there are so many of us who feel and think we are invisible and this writing of the blog has given us a voice, and a presence.

So there you have it, I start with nothing and the words began to come, though I have to admit they went in a rather strange direction tonight.  The moon has been full this week, and its pull, its force plays havoc on us all.
But its beauty has, always been breath taking......tonight the shape is starting to wane and as I looked at it earlier I felt sorry for the moon.  When he is full, you sense his power but as the nights pass and darkness shadows his light, you realize the light that shines so brightly is only a reflection of the sun, poor moon, no light of his own.

Goodnight, Sweet dreams.

5 comments:

  1. The moon is so beautiful some nights and I love to sit outside at night and look up at the moon and stars.....

    I like what you have to say and yes for all of us who blog we may have times when the words do not come and we sit and wonder where to start and what to write about......

    ReplyDelete
  2. The words do seem to come easily for you Jilda. It seems that lately I've been at a loss for them but I have to try again soon.
    The full moon makes sleeping horrible for me right before it gets full. Once it's full, I'm good. I find it amazing how it can affect some people.
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when it is full because when I leave my home in the wee hours of the morning it lights my way and makes me feel safer and the day is made better. This was a very good post Jilda, have a great rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well my friend, for someone who doesn't think of themself as a writer, those were some beautiful words that you have written there! The full moon must have been guiding you. Sometimes my blog writing comes easily, and sometimes I am really struggling for inspiration, but I think most of our bloggy friends feel the same. I think we all want to feel cared for, and I certainly feel cared for by all my little bloggy friends! Although we have never actually met, they are always there for me, as I am there for them. Warmest wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The moon looks great from here but if we were on it we would die.

    ReplyDelete