Thursday, June 16, 2011

Foot Prints

Ok, sometimes I get hung up on quotes and I can't help myself......I have to share! So here is the one that blew me away today.
"Some people come into our lives, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never the same" - Eleanor Roosevelt

Reading that quote made me think about those who have left their footprints on my heart and how different my life would have been had I never met them.  I think about my music teacher in seventh grade who encouraged me to sing, my life changed drastically because of her footprints.  She gave me the courage to let music be a major force in my life and for that I will always be grateful.

A friend who was a budding photographer often needed a model, he chose me.  His beautiful photographs of me gave me the self-confidence to go places and do things I would never have done if I had not  met him.
His foot-prints on my heart changed my life and gave a shy awkward girl the confidence to spread her wings.

There have been so many footprints left on my heart, it probably looks like a sidewalk in NYC!  But all those footprints have shaped me, helped me choose paths, and make decisions that were life changing.  For the past few years,  my yoga students have left footprints on my heart....... indescribable foot prints of love, joy
they have taught this teacher so much more than I will ever teach them!

I am sure that you all have foot prints on your hearts, left by those who maybe didn't even realize the impact they had on your life......and I bet you all have left some foot prints too.

Good night, Sweet dreams.

5 comments:

  1. i LOVE this post....thank you for sharing and for making me reflect on those important people who have shaped my life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of influences on me from others. Mrs Gilbert my English teacher is the first person who said something I wrote was good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gave us something really good to think about today my friend. Have a restful weekend and know you are appreciated so very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a lovely quote, Jilda. It's really good for us to remember all those who have left footprints on our hearts, and, hopefully, our footprints will be left in the heart of others. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete