Friday, January 9, 2015

Trusting My Instincts

Many years ago when I first began to teach yoga,  I would make class notes and never veer from them.........most often these days, even though I make class notes, they are often pushed aside.
I have learned to listen to the students as they walk through the door, and then teach or at least try to teach what they need for that day.  I am a much better teacher for trusting my instincts.

Often I find that I think I am teaching what the students needs and it turns out to be what I needed too.  That was the case today......for my second class I taught a   heart opening class.......turns out I needed the heart opening as much as everyone else did.  I am as guilty as anyone when it comes to compassion for myself........I have loads of it for others and some days none for me.  I found a little for myself in class today.

It is Friday, closure for what has been a good, trying, stressful, sad, happy week......to top it off, Rick had a root canal today......and the forty degree temps the weather guys promised for tomorrow.......Ha! they were only teasing........lows back in the teens tonight, highs in the mid-thirties tomorrow and rain Sunday. Wow, am I glad I now have a car with heated seats.

Wishing you all a weekend that is grand in every way......a fun filled Saturday, a peaceful Sunday......and many hugs in between.
Goodnight, Sweet dreams

5 comments:

  1. My instincts often let me down. I have learned to step back and take a second and maybe third look to make sure I am doing the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Be gentle on yourself"...a doctor told me that frequently. Sometimes we put the boulders on our own shoulders, while we try to remove them from others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've learned to trust my instinct. That gut feeling that comes from the chakra is usually right. Sometimes it's difficult to tap into our intuition when we are so distracted my numerous other things going on in our lives.

    Aww, those warm seats are the cat's meow in cold temperature.
    Have a good weekend, Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we all need to learn to be better to ourselves... I know I have been super guilty of this, I have been good to others and then beat myself up... I am a work in progress... this post was a very good reminder for me Jilda... I hope it warms up soon, it is nice here today, so I plan to get a good walk in :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Working in an operating room often means going with your gut many days. Glad you had a good week and I bet your students appreciate your ability to feel what they need. Enjoy those toasty seats in the new car! (Does it have a name yet?)

    ReplyDelete