Wednesday, January 28, 2015

#38

Treatment #38.......the first one that Rick has not been with me.......he's in California with the new job.
My niece Samantha took me to treatment today.......she and Jordan are spending the night tonight.
They cooked dinner for me, and since tomorrow is Jordan's birthday.......they baked a blue cake.
Nothing like blue birthday cake with yellow frosting......we're talking Smurf blue and Happy Face yellow.

The treatment room was quiet today, my friend Louis is doing much better so he didn't make an appearance today........things were just not the same without Louis and Rick.  One of my nurses, Justin is getting married in a couple of weeks so we spent a great deal of time talking about the wedding.......he is so excited......he will be a great husband.

Ordinary is good on treatment day and that thank goodness that is how today has been.  Just typical fever and headache and fatigue.  It will be an early bedtime tonight, Sam and Jordan have gone to bed, I can hear them reading to each other.......I wish they would spend the night more often.
It is hump day, so I hope that if there has been any bumps in your road, they were small.

Goodnight, Sweedreams

5 comments:

  1. Be sure and tuck those youngun's in. I'll see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very lucky that Rick has been with you since you first began treatments and he only has missed one, I had my husband with me for the first chemo treatment as i didn't know what to expect and all the rest I went alone and had to drive myself. nearing the end I was so sick yet I went alone. I'm rather independent that way and I've been all my life but it's nice having someone who wants to be there with you.

    Take care and stay well.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had someone to be with you. Hope you feel better quickly. Hugs XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully Rick is home soon and I'm glad you had company to keep an eye on you! Take care!

    ReplyDelete