Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Broken

While we were at the beach this weekend, I did as I always do, picked up sea shells........as I bent down to pick one up in particular, Rick laughed and said this is your blog.  I wasn't sure what he meant, but he looked at me and said, that shell is broken, you do that you know, you gravitate to the broken.

Then I understood.........yes, my blog is Transformation Information, yes I am a yoga therapist at an addiction center, yes, I am the one my friends call when they need to talk, ........it's ok.  There is beauty and perfection in the broken......actually we are all broken in some way.  Broken hearts, broken spirits.......some are just way  more broken than others.......some manage to mend and go ahead with their lives, some don't or can't.

I think our breaks, our cracks, our scars do create beauty.......that is the beauty that shines in our eyes, that permeates from our very existence,that creates the love and kindness toward our fellow human beings.  I know, some of us allow the breaks to harden, to callous us......sometimes we think no one else has suffered like we have or that we don't deserve our breaks and cracks.  But, in the end, no one is smooth and perfect, each of us has been broken by life at some point, scarred by heartache and misery.  If we could only realize that is life's way of creating beauty within us, that our incredible being of light shines even brighter because of the scars and jagged edges .   So it becomes important that we release our obsession with perfection, our misguided perceptions of it, and see that broken is really life's perfection.......broken is the formation of who we become, of who we are and who we will be.

4 comments:

  1. Well said. A beautiful post Jilda.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. False beauty marks attached to the face were used to accentuate beauty. As far as the broken things I have often said that everyone has something wrong with them. Some things are visible and apparent to all; others are not so visible. Dealing with the flaws are what makes us grow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always thought that everyone has a story to tell. It's the imperfections that make those stories a good read. Your post makes me wonder if the reason I like wandering around antique stores is because the older and well worn or flawed things are much more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jilda... I love this!... I agree I think we are all broken in some ways, maybe we have to be broken to become who we are meant to be.

    I know that other people have felt the pain I have felt and even much more... sometimes it is hard to see that when you are in the middle of it... sometimes it is difficult to not let the pain harden us...

    I am trying not to let pain win out... there has to be some beauty around the corner from all this pain, there usually is ... xox

    ReplyDelete