Sunday, January 4, 2015

Sunday Blues and How to Cure Them

Lunch with my friends Jackie and Tim today.  Jackie and I have met for Mexican food and exchanged Christmas gifts for years.  She got me the most beautiful Tibetan healing bracelet.......I immediately put it on my wrist. The food was good, but it did my heart and spirit so much good to get out and see friends.

For some reason, all morning I had been teary, just an emotional mess......probably the residue of IVIG, the meningitis, and the aftermath of the holidays.......who knows.  But time with friends and the many laughs we shared chased the blues away.

After lunch, Jordan and his mom came over and helped Rick take down the Christmas tree........I miss the lights and decorations, but it is nice to have the house back to normal.  After the rain and storms last night ( 4 inches of rain) today has been rather chilly.......and the weather guys say the polar express is on its way......single digit lows by Thursday and maybe some snow.

Did not have the energy for the vision boards, but Rick got the materials and sometime this week they will be made.  Gone are the days when I can do everything in one day.   ;)  I hope your weekend has been as good as mine.  Wishing you a Monday that goes smoothly, something or someone to keep you warm and cozy, time with friends, and at least one big laugh out loud moment.
Goodnight, Sweet dreams

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you had the blues Jilda. You have a lot to deal with these days. I'm glad you had a friend to help you chase those blues away. Not having energy is worst than feeling sick.

    I've been sick for 5 days and yesterday was my first day of feeling better. I went to work at the farm at 5:00 am with bad stomach cramps and diarrhea and after work I spent the day in bed until it was time for the 4:00pm schedule and then back to bed. I did this for 5 days. Yesterday was my first day feeling better. I lost a lot of weight since I had no appetite or energy.

    As for the vision board, I've never tried it but I'm a list person. I keep a tablet on my desk and I love to cross out what I've accomplished. I have goals in categories and Also long term goals that may take years to accomplish but I keep focus on the goal and at the first opportunity, it will happen.

    When I'm down, I love watching old Carol Burnett videos. It's amazing what laughter can do to lighten my mood. My daughter bought me the series in DVDs.

    I hope that you are feeling better today.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you and Rick need to come to the warm sunny beaches of Florida for a bit. That will perk you right up!! I get very down when the weather is cold, cloudy and wet too. Not a good feeling but I do know that I am loved and am grateful for so much in life. Keep smiling pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like your spirits were lifted by your friends and family. I hope you're feeling better today. I hate not being able to do it all! Stay warm...we're bracing for 4-6 in of snow tomorrow....I was hoping winter forgot about us!

    ReplyDelete