Saturday, October 22, 2011

Listen to Your Heart

from the heart.....that is how I have always lived my life.....my music, and my yoga.  During the past six years that I have taught at a drug/alcohol rehab center......many times, I have been in yoga classes teaching in unchartered territory.....flying by the seat of my pants, teaching straight from the heart.

This Yoga Warriors weekend training has reaffirmed what I knew in my heart.......that I was doing a lot
of things "right" as far as PTSD , but that I also had some things to learn.  A long day, but that is to be expected......I am tired, but excited to go home tomorrow night and teach next week.   Dharma, our instructor is wise and kind...... spiritual and loving, but strong.  I think if we lived near each other, we would be great friends.......she is a wonderful addition to this Yoga Warrior program,  an asset and leader.

I have thought so often about my path, the fork that I chose that led me where I am today in yoga.  Who knew my life would carry me here, I can assure you that all of this was not in any "five" year plan!  I love what I do, you all probably get tired of me saying this........my life is not perfect, it is not without its pain and challenges, but I do know this......following my heart has softened the blows and lightened the valleys of darkness in my life.

So listen to your heart,  I will always believe to follow your heart will give you the life that you were born to live.  I see the worst ravages of choice, of not following your heart, I see the muck and darkness
of lives based on fear, bad choices, and poor judgement and circumstance where there is no control.
But I have seen eyes light up with joy and a smile break across someone's face for the first in months, I have seen bodies rigid with fear, relax and soften and I have seen hope........and hope when there is no hope.......is a true  miracle.

It is time for rest, more classes tomorrow, then a ten hour drive home tomorrow night.  Yes, it is worth it....more than you will ever know.
I hope you have had a wonderful sunny weekend and that you have been surrounded by love, by family and friends and good times.
Blessings to you and yours tonight, my the love in your heart shine like the sun,
peace and happiness
   

7 comments:

  1. This paragraph is beautiful:

    But I have seen eyes light up with joy and a smile break across someone's face for the first in months, I have seen bodies rigid with fear, relax and soften and I have seen hope........and hope when there is no hope.......is a true miracle.

    truly, when you follow your heart, you will only do what can make you and other people happy.

    Hoping you and Sir Rick is having a great weekend...

    JJRod'z

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a thought of follow your heart:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an inspiration, and I'm happy for you that you had this weekend to strengthen your faith in what you do and how you do it. Blessings to you! (and get home safely)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah following the heart is a good idea most of the time...........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your rest, Jilda! You and your beautiful creative heart deserve it!! Yay! take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you got so much out of this weekend, and that you are looking forward to sharing what you have learned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post. Many times I've felt like I needed some feng shui in my body to get it back in alinement! Wait, now I sound like my Chiro hubby! Hope your drive home is safe!

    ReplyDelete