Monday, May 6, 2019

Magic

I know many will think I am being sacrilegious when I say this, but I like the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans more than the Gulf of Mexico.  The East and West Coast are so rugged, the waters cold and wild, they make the Gulf seem sort of prissy.  The Gulf with her white sand and emerald waters is pretty, but she doesn't seem as honest and down to earth as the Atlantic and Pacific.

I say all of this because we spent the weekend in Savannah and went out to Tybee Island.  There is a working lighthouse there.  I loved it.  I loved Savannah, her people, the food and the beauty and richness of her culture.  We stayed in a house that was well over 100 years old.  It was the perfect spot to celebrate 45 years of marriage.

My photo tonight is the boardwalk in front of the light house.  It leads out through the dunes, across the shell strewn beach to the water.  The water was so cold you could hear people squeal as the waves hit their bodies.  Little kids ran down the boardwalk, couples strolled hand in hand.  It was the yellow brick road that lead to a day of magic.

1 comment:

  1. I like that boardwalk. I can see why everyone like to stroll on it. I like the sound of the ocean. When I was young I lived not far from the Bay de Chaleur and I love going to the beach. We could dig for clams and we cooked them right there on the beach.

    Take care, Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete