Thursday, May 2, 2019

Daisy

My mom called them baby daisies.  They are actually a member of the aster family, but I too, will always call them baby daisies.  There are fields of them all around us and when I see them, I think of my mom.

All my life, I have had an affinity for daisies.  As a little girl, Avon had a little girl fragrance called Daisies Won't Tell.  I still remember the smell.  I love Daisies.  When I was nine and would pester my older sister who was senior in high school, she would hand me her literature book and tell me to go read.  To this day, I remember a short poem from that book, "the sunflower ain't the daisy, the daisy ain't the rose, why are we all so anxious to be something else that grows?"

My senior class picked a class flower, yep, it was the daisy.  I love them because they are simple, honest and strong.  And, haven't we all picked those petals at some point whispering, "he loves me, he loves me not."

It has been my long day at work and my hot cup of tea awaits.
Goodnight, Sweet dreams

1 comment:

  1. I hope the bees will like them as much as you.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete