Friday, March 17, 2017

St. Patrick's Day Remorse

I love cooking a traditional Irish meal for St. Patrick's Day.  I always have.  For the 40 some odd years we have been married I can count on one hand the times I have not cooked on St. Patrick's Day.
Today is one of those days.  We are attending a songwriter's workshop tonight.  I can't believe there is not the smell of corned beef and cabbage in my house today.


For those of you celebrating all things green today, Happy St. Patrick's Day!  Eat a slice of Irish soda bread and have a bite of colcannon just for me.

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!    Wear the green, spread some kindness.

3 comments:

  1. Jilda, I'm not eating Corn beef and cabbage today but will be cooking some tomorrow. St Patrick will forgive you. I'm not Irish but I love it.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jilda, coming at ya from Julia's blog - what a sweet friend you are sending her a warm fur coat - I had my green on for St. Paddy's day but failed to cook the corned beef and cabbage. We had fajita's for dinner, it wasn't Irish but it was good.

    Have a great weekend!
    Saimi

    ReplyDelete