Friday, May 17, 2013

Spring

Wet soil, jasmine, honeysuckle, roses, mint, rosemary and rain.....that is what you smell as you step through our front or back doors tonight.......it is spring......one of the prettiest and wettest that we have had in some time.

We planted wild flowers, tomatoes, egg plants and squash this morning......two hours later, three inches of rain.  I figure the pond may be growing veggies and flowers soon.

I opened the front door this evening after the all the rains moved through.....the light was pink, the hemlock glistened with thousands of tiny droplets.....I thought I was in the northwest.....the beauty and lushness was almost too much to bear.

No one wants to live in Alabama in July and August when the it is 100 degrees with 90 percent humidity.......everyone wants to live here in the spring.  Wish you were here.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds delightful; I can almost smell it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. July and August are just around the corner. I guess you guys will be heading north...for summer vacation.

    ReplyDelete