Thursday, May 2, 2013

Lessons Learned


ok, so I am back on the island!   I admit, I have spent a great deal of time on the sofa today, but not so much sleep.  There was very little energy in my body this morning, but around 4:00 this afternoon life started to creep back into my body.......my legs are not made of rubber anymore.  Strange stuff, those chemicals that drip into your body.......killer headache today......and a sensation of dehydration, no matter how much water I drink.  Ugh.

This treatment process has taught me many lessons.......so far I have learned........
that sometimes no matter how badly I want to do something, my body demands rest
that sitting in those big green chairs is a great equalizer, they are no respecter of persons
that everyone sees death and life if you sit in those chairs long enough
that you truly can't always get what you want
that good health is the most valuable commodity in the world
that we all want and need help at some point in our lives
that nurses will never make what they are worth
that life is short, no matter your age, you better do what you love
that love and kindness give hope, even when there is none
that smiles are needed daily
that patience is a lesson learned each time you sit in that big green chair
that there are doctors who care, find them
that friends love you, even when you spend the night in the bathroom tossing your cookies when they come to visit
that whatever you want to do with your life, do it now
that even in illness, you have to take responsibility and be active in your life and treatment

15 treatments, and many more lessons learned than what I have written tonight........more to come........lessons and treatments.


2 comments:

  1. And interspersed throughout these lessons I hope you find bits of joy and laughter, glittering like little jewels.

    ReplyDelete