Saturday, May 4, 2013

I Am Fearless

I met my friend Jackie for lunch today......her birthday was in February, mine in March......I know this is May, but that happens sometimes.  We always meet at the same Mexican place, for Christmas and birthdays.

She gave me this beautiful silver necklace that someone she knew designed......3 charms, one
an aquamarine (my birthstone) and two little tags.....engraved one, I am......on the other, Fearless.  When I opened it, she said, you are fearless.

Fearless.......that word has been used to describe me many times.......and you know, I just never thought I was fearless.  I admit, I have lived a very fruitful, fun life......I just never thought about it being fearless.  Fearless.....without fear.......I teach about letting go of fear, about the dangers of fear.  But, I think dealing with fear at some point or other in our lives is something we all do.

Maybe as a woman I didn't let certain things make me fearful........I was never beautiful, but I modeled......I don't have the greatest voice in the world, but I have sung in some amazing places.....I paint because I love it......I teach yoga because I believe in it.....and I expect something good to take place everywhere I go.......and I found that no matter who I met, I could talk with them......if those things are fearless, then yes, I am fearless.

I love the necklace.......I think everyone should have one or at least a bumper sticker......
I Am Fearless.

1 comment:

  1. My Mom always said that we should just do what needed to be done and not give up...your life seems to be the same philosophy but with an added "not just what needs to be done..but what I want to do"...and you go and do it! You are fearless!

    ReplyDelete