Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Treatment Number Five

A room full of angels dressed in blue,  a "chair" buddy who is pure sunshine,  and a doc who is smart, and kind and beautiful inside and out......and a hubby who never complains about the hours spent at the medical facility......these are the people I spent my the day with today.  

I don't even look at the drip anymore, not even when it beeps and they clear the air from the line.  Those "blue angels" move so effortlessly across the room, from one big green chair to the next.  They seem to know what you need before you can speak it, a warm blanket, water, a smile,  kindness.  They will never know, how much they are loved and appreciated, how many prayers are said for their happiness and well-being.

My "chair-buddy",  I worry so much about her, I know she is not eating, I know she is fighting for her life.
She tells me that she cries, and I tell her so do I.  And I know in my heart, my battle is nowhere near the one
she fights daily.  She is loved, and being cared for......and if love can heal......she will be healed.  Disease is scary, for everyone......I worry more for the people that love me, than I do for myself......and I know they worry about me.

My doc, she is a mom, a wife, and a human that cares so deeply for humanity.  As her patient, you know,
you hit the lottery when you got her for a doc.  She is selfless, and funny and you want her to be your best friend.......and she wears really cool shoes!

Treatment number five took place today, still no word on the culture (damn, it grows slow) blood work, and incredible sleep.  I am starting to see the good in all of this, the blessings of friendships made in those green chairs, the reminder that life is so fragile, so short, knowing that sadness and depression are ok in small doses, and that hope and faith sustain most of us, most of the time.  Tonight, I don't ask for myself, but please say a prayer for my "chair buddy" and those blue angels, and my doc......my world, the world itself, is a better place because of them.

3 comments:

  1. "...the reminder that life is so fragile, so short, knowing that sadness and depression are ok in small doses, and that hope and faith sustain most of us, most of the time." Beautiful statement, and so poignantly true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am saying prayers and sending positive energy to both of you! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jilda,
    I am truly sorry to hear that you are fighting a health battle, too.

    There is so much of that around; but I am glad you have hope and faith, and good doctors.

    Blessings to you - Marsha

    ReplyDelete