Saturday, August 24, 2019

"Off Day"

I rarely take an "off day."  But today, well this afternoon, I took an "off day."  I spent most of the afternoon reading.  At first I felt a bit guilty for not doing something,  after all there is always something to be done.  But after awhile, it felt right, to just sit and read.  I had longed for weeks for a rainy day.  The rains came in this afternoon and Taz and I took advantage of the sofa.

I hope your Saturday has been a day of value for you.  If you worked or played, spent time with family or friends, whatever the day has given you I hope it has been good.  Be kind tomorrow, to yourself, to friends and family, to strangers and to the earth.  We are all in this together.

1 comment:

  1. Jilda, I am a retired librarian who is addicted to books. If I don’t get my reading time every day every day I become a very cranky lady! Books take you out of yourself into another place. We all, everyone, need time to ourselves.

    Never feel guilty about it!

    ReplyDelete