Saturday, August 17, 2019

Drought, Rain and Christmas Cards

Rick had gotten new glasses yesterday and he was so excited.  When we came home, he took out his contacts and put on his new glasses.  I heard, oh no.  I looked at him and he said look through these, do you see a round spot?  Yes, I dd.   Our eye doc and her team are awesome.  Rick called and this morning he took his glasses back to be redone.

While he made his early morning trip to Birmingham, I cleaned house, did laundry, watered all the plants outdoors, fed the dogs, the birds and had lunch ready when he got home.  We drove down to the local produce market this afternoon.  All the trees and plants look so sad and wilted.  With daily temps hitting 100 and no rain in weeks, our world is wilting.  All the fruit dropped off our trees and now many of the trees are dropping leaves.  Hoping and praying that rain comes soon.

I know this sounds a little strange, but tomorrow I will start designs for Christmas cards.  There are a couple of gift shops interested in selling them.  I will paint the samples and hope for big orders.

May your Sunday be peaceful, may you find joy and may you be kind to yourself and those around you.

2 comments:

  1. It's not too early to start designing your Christmas cards. How wonderful to have a couple gift shop interested in your Christmas cards.
    Best of luck with this new venture.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you're designing your cards. You are so talented and it's a gift you have to create something that will make many smile when they receive those cards! I'm sure you're going to sell tons! I'll pray for rain for your area. We had too much early on but it's slowed quite a bit here lately. Take care Jilda!

    ReplyDelete