Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Cherry Tomato Pasta

Continuing with recipes tonight.  Tonight's dinner was one of our summer favorites, fresh cherry tomato pasta.
1 pint of cherry tomatoes
half cup of chopped basil
half cup of sliced black olive
cup of mozzarella pearls
tablespoon of finely chopped onion
cooked pasta of your choice, 4-6 servings, tonight I used mini penne
make your favorite vinaigrette,  tonight I just mixed extra virgin olive oil with balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper
mix everything together and enjoy

Right now our cherry tomatoes and basil plants are prolific and I am using them as much as possible.
I promise I won't bore you with recipes every night, but I did want to mix things up a bit.

Last week of August, September awaits in the wings.  Enjoy your Thursday.  Show some kindness to all you meet.

2 comments:

  1. Right now lots of us are having an over abundance of tomatoes and I appreciate a different way to use them with your recipe. Sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds good. We have plenty of tomatoes this year but no cherry tomatoes. I have a similar recipe for roasted cherry tomatoes, with basil, garlic, onions, salt and pepper in olive oil. Roast till the water is evaporated and use it on fresh pasta with Parmesan cheese. A little goes a long way as it is concentrated because of the evaporation. I still have small jars in the freezer from last year.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete