Sunday, August 18, 2019

Myrtles


Around here, they are everywhere, in every yard, pinks, reds, lavender and white.  They are crepe myrtles and they range in size from small bushes to large trees.

Several years ago, many of the small towns planted them along streets and down medians.  In the heat of summer, they offer bursts of color when most flowers are starting to fade.

My mom had a lavender one in her yard.  When she passed, my oldest sister dug it up and planted it in her front yard.  It is a beauty now, a full grown tree.
Ours are the watermelon pinks and they are perfect for our tree covered yard.

I worked on card designs today.  I will paint them this week and then start submitting samples for orders.  I am excited. 

I hope your Monday brings joy and kindness. 

2 comments:

  1. Your flowering Crepe Mertyle is stunningly beautiful. I think our climate is too cold to grow them here.
    Have a nice week.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kabtak Chhupa Kar Rakhen Aankhon Me Isey, Ki Aansuon Ka Samandar Ab Sanbhala Nahi Jata.
    Sad Shyari In English Fonts At Poetry Tadkaplay bazaarwebsites new creating ideas satta king Kabhi Ro Lene Do Apne Kandho Pe Sar Rakhkar Mujhey, K Dard Ka Bawandar Ab Sanbhala Nahin Jata.....

    ReplyDelete