Thursday, October 11, 2018

Thursday Observations and Thoughts

Our skies today became blue, truly breath-taking blue, like out west Rocky Mountain sky blue.
Between Hurricane Michael and a cold front,  we got exquisite London blue topaz skies.

Our air has a chill tonight, finally those 90 degree temps are gone, and I truly hope I don't feel them again until next July or August.

We both are still dealing with the sinus monster and cough. My best relief has come from Yoga Breathe Deep tea.  It is not the tastiest tea in the land, but it helps with respiratory stuff.

In the past couple of weeks I have said goodbye to 5 or 6 of my students at work.  I will miss them.
They have been a part of the group who shows up for every class with open minds and hearts.
I will always remember this group and one from about eight or nine years ago who brought their A game to my class room. 

We have a gig Saturday night at one of our most beloved coffee houses, Berkeley Bob's in Cullman, Al.   Of course we are up against an Alabama football game, so the crowd might be thin, but that's ok.  Someone once told Rick even Jesus couldn't compete against SEC football, they were right.  I can promise you if SEC football was ever played on Sundays, churches in the south would have to install big screen tvs so the congregations could watch.

I hope this weekend brings joy, comfort and peace to you all.  Spread some kindness.

2 comments:

  1. Jesus has been thrown out of school, public meetings and now, even the church. It just sickens me.

    I don't like the competition of those sports. To me, it really look silly to see grown men competing for a ball so seriously. I think it's all the devil's plan to pull people away from what is important, especially from hearing the Word of God in church.

    Sorry about your trees being cut for the power lines.

    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful weekend too ! Happy Friday !

    ReplyDelete