Friday, October 26, 2018

Three Friends

I am about to take our great room through a transformation, it's has been about 15 years or so since the last time.  It's only paint, a new rug and throw pillows, but I think it's time.  I will take before and afters, my plans are to be done by Thanksgiving, but we shall see.

As we walked the dogs this morning they all acted like pups.  Taz has a way of strutting when she feels good and these cooler days, she feels good.  These cooler days I feel good, though I am still dealing with the sinus infection which will not go away.

No gigs this weekend, but Rick will be working his occasional weekend shift at the paper tomorrow.

We made a fast run to Walmart this morning.  To be honest most days if I have to visit Walmart it's almost like going to the dentist.  Today was a wonderful day.  First thing, Marlene met us at the door, if you recall Rick's post she is our Walmart greeter that he has helped to become famous.  Since he wrote about her in our local paper, the Birmingham News has continued her story and done a video about her.  She is our local super star.  As we were getting ready to leave, I saw one of my favorite yoga students Joyce, who is in her 80's by the way.  Her smiling face and incredible attitude make her everyone's favorite in our Monday night class.  And then in the parking lot, there was my precious friend Barbara ( whose incredible husband died this week) I saw her smiling face with tears rolling down her cheeks and we just stopped traffic there in the parking lot.  These three amazing women made my day.

We picked Rick's truck up at the Ford place after they fixed "the recall."  We headed home, had lunch and Taz and I took a two hour nap.  Rick said at one time, she and I were snoring so loud he could hear us in his office.  Ha!  I just can't believe that.

Enjoy your Saturday.  Have some fun, laugh, hug and know in your heart life changes in the blink of an eye.  May we all be kind.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great day and good nap too. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love running into friends. I'm glad they made your day special. I'can't believe how stubborn that sinus infection is. I wake myself up sometimes with a snort and a grunt, lol. I couldn't believeI snored either...
    Enjoy the weekend.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete