Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Hump Day

It has been a long day.  Have friends who lived in the area hit by Michael, they are safe, but they don't know if they have homes to go back to.  We all pay a price for living in our paradise, don't we?  Here where we are, we deal with tornadoes and hurricanes, our friends out west deal with fires, earth quakes and snowstorms, every place  has its beauty and its price.

Rick and I are still dealing with this sinus/bronchial infection.  I have had it going into my second week ( and second time in 6 weeks).  Rick came down with it a little over a week ago.

The weather guys swear that fall is coming tomorrow night.  We shall see.  70 degree days and 50 degree nights, that is the promise, I will believe it when I feel it.

Cooking dinner tonight, I looked out the kitchen window and awe struck by the rose light shinning through the trees where the sun was setting. Breath taking.  Maybe Mother Nature's apology for the nasty weather today?  The light varied from rose to apricot, the picture does not do it justice.


2 comments:

  1. My, what a nice view from your window. Sorry you are now both suffering from that sinus stuff. Here we are to be in the 50's with nights in the 40's. Hard to believe after being in the 80's yesterday. It's often those quick changes that will set my sinus off. Hope yours settles down along with the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sinus infections are so miserable. I hope you feel better soon.
    I get awe struck by Mother Nature too, each time. I did took a few pictures of the fallen leaves in my back yard like you suggested. It was a dreary day so the picture doesn't do it justice either.

    I hope that you are having a great day.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete