Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Call A Friend

I met my best friend Kaye today, we did our quarterly, girl's day. (though Rick did join us for lunch)
We met up at the hair salon, got all beautiful, then went to the mall for awhile and shopped.
She is getting ready to go on safari.......I love that word, safari.  Actually, I have a couple of friends who are going on safari soon.  That word seems so romantic, so exotic.  I loved the movie, Out of Africa.  I think I would like to go on safari.  Olive and khaki are good colors for me. Ha,ha!

We went to Blackrock Grill for lunch, one of my favorite places to eat.  Really cool atmosphere, and most importantly, great food. Shrimp po'boys were out of this world, with sweet potato fries.....and lots of cold ice tea.  Yummy!

I came home, and painted our front doors, a fresh coat of paint makes everything sparkle.  Of course,
they are purple......is there any other color for a front door?

It has been a very good day......and I am grateful.  So far, the meds are working, the nausea is being held at bay, headaches aren't too bad, much better week than last.  Good days are appreciated, more than ever.  We are having perfect fall weather, cool nights, and glorious sunny days.  I must say "I am grateful" a 100 times a day, can't help myself......most days I am giddy with appreciation of all my blessings.

If you haven't spent time with an old friend lately, I suggest you do it soon.  If you are middle age or older, this is the time you have spent your whole life waiting for.......it's now or never.
Do those things you keep saying "some day"......remember that is code for never.
Pick up the phone, call a friend.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had such a great day! I also feel grateful for the good things in my life. Today I spent time with my mom and sister - my two best friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post ...now I want to call all my friends to see who wants to come over and paint my door purple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to read you had a fun relaxing time today! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete