Sunday, April 1, 2012

Celebration

It has been the best of weekends......a fun gig at a great venue last night, an adventure(getting there in the hail storm) and tonight, my friends Kaye and Jamie invited us to their house for birthday celebrations, for me, our friends Mary and Brian and Kaye.  Jamie is an incredible
chef( he use to own a restaurant) dinner was GREAT!  Seafood pasta, yummy! and then there was the cake.......deep, dark, chocolate and raspberry liqueur......I think it is the best cake I ever ate.
I offered to be their maid if they would let me move in ( and only if Jamie cooked every night).
Kaye and Jamie gave me an embroidered vintage table cloth and napkins, it looks like something my grandmother Mamie might have created......just beautiful.  Mary and Brian gave ma a really cool yoga book.  I love it when my birthday celebration continues on into the next month! 

I needed this weekend to get me ready for this week......doc appointments and my second treatment.  I think I might have pushed the envelope a little this past week, the energy that had been flowing so sweetly, left sometime last night.  But I spent most of the day on the sofa before leaving for Kaye and Jamie's tonight. I am learning, and it is not an easy lesson.....this taking care of myself.

I hope we all took ourselves a little less serious today in honor of April Fool's and that we continue to smile and choose to be happy this coming week.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you had a lovely time, I hope the treatment goes okay for you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for good friends and great cooks too! Glad you had a wonderful weekend Jilda - please rest now and take things easy and take care
    x

    ReplyDelete