Friday, January 31, 2020

Long and Stressful Day

It has been a very long day.  I had written early in the week about Taz's dry itchy skin.  We decided this morning that Rick would take her to the vet at 8:00am when they opened and get her a shot.
While with the vet Rick also mentioned that we had seen some tiny drops of blood on her bed.
It turns out she had an infection of the uterus and had to have emergency surgery.  The surgery was successful and she is home tonight.  We don't know her age for sure, she was grown when we got her and we didn't know if she had been spayed.  She had not and this infection could have killed her.
We are so grateful that our vet did such a thorough exam.

We got our new fridge today.  Rick will hook the ice maker up sometime over the weekend and I will do a happy dance.  I love this new fridge.  It takes up less room than the old one, is more energy efficient and has more storage space.

Rick is going to a bee conference tomorrow.  I had planned on going, but I'm going to stay with Taz and make sure she is ok.  She has not eaten and she starts her meds tomorrow, so I have to get food in her.

Goodnight, Sweet dreams

1 comment:

  1. Glad she is ok, but will be needing some TLC for sure. How great you now have an ice maker. I miss mine. no longer have one. I got spoiled and now have regular ice cube trays in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete