Saturday, January 4, 2020

Friends

We had dinner with friends this evening.  Three of them have been our friends for over 40 years, Brenda and Danny had their first date with us, we wrote a song for their wedding.  Judy and her new husband Ed, well Judy and her late spouse Tom had been our friends forever.  Tom died a few years ago and I was thrilled when Judy called and told me she was going on date about a year ago.

Ed was an old friend of she and Tom's, he was there for Judy in her darkest hours after Tom's passing.
As we had dinner tonight all I could do was smile each time I looked at Judy.  She looks ten years younger, and she is happy.  That is what I want for all my friends, for all those I love...I want them to know happiness and joy.  Life is short and it is hard and messy and difficult.  Life is wonderful, and joyful and beautiful too. We get through the hard times as best we can and then we pray that the good times come again. 

This crud, even with the meds is tough.  Tomorrow will be a day of rest.  Next week is a busy one and I will need my strength.

May tomorrow be a day of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment