Sunday, January 19, 2020

Weekend Away

We spent this weekend at a bed and breakfast in Mentone.  Friday and Saturday were cold and rainy, but this morning the skies were blue.  We love bed and breakfasts.  The Mentone Inn  was the perfect mountain get away.  A large homey living room welcomed us with a fire glowing in the fireplace.  The sofas were covered in cushy pillows and cozy throws.  Our inn keeper Cynthia made sure the tea kettle was full of water so that when we came back each night from dinner, we could sit by the fire and sip hot tea.

Breakfast was amazing each morning, full of southern goodness like homemade biscuits and jelly and lots of hot coffee.  The inn was built in 1927 the same year as our barn and farmhouse.  I felt a kindred spirit.

The dogs were happy to see us, but not over excited.  My brother Ricky lives next door and he comes over to check on them when we are out of town.  He spoils them and he brings Lady, Jordan's dog to hang out with them.  I don't think they missed us much at all.

This week will be my first week of semi-retirement...I am nervous.  I have worked since I was 15, cutting back to one day a week is a major step for me.  Time to take a deep breath and see what happens.

Be kind this week, spread joy.

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to begin your new life of semi retirement! We can only hope it gets better and better!

    ReplyDelete