Thursday, January 23, 2020

Rainy Thursday

The rain started as we had our morning coffee and continued until mid-afternoon.  Finally a break and we took the dogs for a walk.  Well Taz took a half walk.  She hates getting her feet wet.  Even in the wet and cold, it felt good to be outside.

Thursdays are supposed to be my work day now.  But work texted me yesterday and told me all yoga classes had been canceled this week (including my Pain Management class for today) because of a flu out-break. I missed teaching, but I certainly do not want the flu. It seems everyone we know has a cold, a bug, the flu or something.  We are taking elderberry every day and keeping our fingers crossed.  Wash hands, wash hands, wash hands.

I made cilantro hominy chicken soup this evening, it was perfect for a cold rainy day.  I love soups and am so glad that Rick enjoys them as well.  We will have leftovers tomorrow.

Enjoy your Friday, hug someone you love, be kind.

2 comments:

  1. It's raining here today and I think your idea about soup is a great one for a rainy day. All the snow here should be washed away after today. I'm not sad to see it go but it does make for a muddy mess for any anyone with dogs. Take care and enjoy your extra day off.

    ReplyDelete