Tuesday, March 12, 2019

First

I love flowers any season, but the first violets of spring make me smile.  They are so fragile, the scent so delicate.  These tiny little flowers always make me remember my childhood.  We lived on a hill with a tiny little stream, probably more of a brook that made it's way from a spring .  But every spring, the banks of that little stream were covered in tiny purple violets.  I would gather them by the handfuls.  Did I mention that purple is my favorite color?  And the perfume I wear is violet based.

Every morning for the past week as we walked I have looked for violet blossoms.  This morning I hit the jackpot.  Sharing my bit of luck with you all tonight.

2 comments:

  1. I love Violets and they are the official flower of our Province of New Brunswick.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a few months we'll have them here. I'm very excited to see some form of Spring in my neck of the woods..enjoy these for me!

    ReplyDelete