Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Aha Moments

Almost 80 degrees yesterday barely mid-50's today, rain and bone chillin' wind.  What a difference 24 hours makes. 

Interesting class today.  One student told me he would be leaving this weekend at the beginning class.  I talked to him about how important it was when he went home to work all the skills he had been taught while at our facility.  ( I didn't mention to him my curiosity about why this was his first visit to my class).  After class he talked with me for a few minutes, it was then I asked why he had decided 5 days before leaving to visit my class.  He told me he had just not given it much thought, but that he was so sorry because he loved what he had experienced today.

He has the opportunity to have one more class with me before he leaves.  There have been those who came in on their very last day and expressed the same remorse.  One young man came on his last day and about a year or so later he was back in our program.  That time, he never missed a class and the last I heard from him which was a couple of years ago, he was doing great.  It is so hard to understand how something like yoga came help you in recovery, it is so hard to understand how it can help anyone be healthier, how it can help you deal with bad days and stress.  Until you experience it.

Truly experience the breath work, the asanas and meditation and then somewhere down the path, there is that aha moment...and it all makes sense.

There are many things in life that don't make sense to us at first, but once we begin to experience, to practice, to educate ourselves, we too have that aha moment about so much.

Time for hot tea and bed.  Tomorrow is Hump Day, make it better, be kind and spread a little joy.

1 comment:

  1. Your work isn't easy especially when dealing with people who don't want to help themselves. It involves a lot of emotions. All you can do is do your best.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete