Friday, December 16, 2016

Soft Foods

Keeping my husband on soft foods until the end of this month is going to be a major undertaking.
Neither of us gave the Christmas holidays a thought when his surgery was scheduled.
I feel so bad for him.  Rick loves pecan pie, and ham and roasted turkey and my Irish fruitcake, he loves fresh nuts and coconut cake and all those foods you eat at Christmas.

My Vitamix and I are going to become extremely creative.  Soon I will be the soup chef for sure.
I  just keep reminding him, he does not want to go through all this again.  He can rest assured that for his birthday in mid-January I will cook him a feast.  So far he has been a real trooper, but I am afraid the grumpy Rick may make a showing if he gets a whiff of one of his favorite foods beings cooked.

It is windy and rainy tonight and for some reason I feel chilled to the bone.  I think it is time to call it a day.  Goodnight, Sweet dreams.


2 comments:

  1. You could always have a special Christmas dinner when he can eat. It will be hard to have a soupy Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Rick, I can picture him eating baby food with a bib on. Eating soft food only is no picnic. All this shall pass and he will soon be able to chew solid food.
    Speedy recovery to Rick.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete