Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Hectic Time

I am surprised sometimes by how well my students handle being away from home for the holidays.
Some of them do get pass-outs from the facility to go home for a couple of days while others for various reasons spend Christmas at the addiction center.  Many of them decorate the cottages they live in and on Christmas Day they usually have a community dinner.

Tomorrow when we have class if they want, I have soft meditative Christmas music that we will listen to.  I am lucky,  many years I have worked the holidays, but this year Rick and I will spend
a low key holiday together.  He is recovering slowly, still unable to chew and tires easily.  I keep telling him, it will be better soon but I don't think he believes me.

During this busy hectic time, take some moments to breathe and remember to treat others the way you would have them treat you.  Wishing you peace.

2 comments:

  1. Oral surgery is almost the worst. Having had bone grafts and implants, I fully sympathize with Rick (and you).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing worse than oral surgery is the bill. Hope your students can find some peace this year and recovery that will last forever.

    ReplyDelete