Friday, May 6, 2016

Remembrance

This is an emotional weekend, filled with memories.  It is Mother's Day, and it is also decoration where my parents, brother, mom's parents and most of my aunts and uncles and cousins are buried.

The act of putting silk flowers on a grave doesn't do the dead any good, but it is all about remembrance.  As I place those flowers on graves tomorrow, I will roam memory lane freely.
After all, when those we love make their final transformation their memories are what we cling to and embrace.

Rick and I will also be performing at the local Horse Creek Arts Festival tomorrow afternoon.
It will be a busy weekend.

Goodnight, Sweet dreams and thank you all so much for the anniversary wishes.

3 comments:

  1. A time to remember is good. I am remembering Mom and her Mom and my Dad's Mom and my Aunties all who have passed with love in my heart.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very true. Memories always pop up at the most unusual times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am planning a trip to visit my grandparents as soon as possible. It is good to remember those who came before us.

    ReplyDelete