Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!  I hope all of you had a wonderful day.  Even though I am not a mom, several of my nieces and nephews called and even got me gifts and cards, and so did my friend Louis.
It is humbling to be loved.

This is a photo of my mom and my oldest brother, Herbert.  Mother died ten years ago in November, Herbert died the following February.  To lose my mom and my brother in a short time span like that was difficult.  I miss them and my dad very much.  But I have great memories, and I carry them in my heart always.

4 comments:

  1. Jilda, I think anyone that loves children and guides them are mothers... that is what is more important xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day Jilda...I believe "MOM" can stand for: "Mother Of Many". You don't have to birth them to love them and be a guide and that's what Mom's do best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is not necessary to give birth to a child to be important in their lives. It is a tribute to you that so many care about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such an intense relationship with your nieces and nephews. It is lovely to hear of adventures you and Rich have with them.

    ReplyDelete