Sunday, June 7, 2015

Excited

A few weeks ago, one of my blog friends, Julia suggested that I should write a column for a newspaper...for whatever reason her suggestion resonated with me.  I mentioned it to Rick and he agreed with Julia...there is a paper called The Leaf that runs Rick's column, I thought it might be suitable for me.  Rick sent the publisher a note and she immediately sent a note back saying yes, she would love for me to write a column.  So, in about an hour's time I went from blogger to columnist.

The Leaf is a monthly publication full of creative writing, and beautiful art work...I am honored to have my writing appear in such a wonderful paper...and I am grateful to Julia for her kind words and encouragement.  This has been quite a transformation for me...my blogs are usually not that long, so I am learning format and giving even more thought to my words that I put to paper.

My blog has been life changing in many ways...it has taught me discipline, sharpened my writing skills, made me realize how important words are....but most importantly, it increased my circle of friends.  Some of you have been with me since the beginning, but you all have been there for me through the good and bad...and I appreciate it.

After my first column is published this month, I will share it with you all...after all, ya'll are responsible for this transformation.  I hope The Leaf's readers respond to my writing the way my blog friends have.  Once again, thanks for the encouragement and all the kind words...I am a little nervous, but excited.

Goodnight, Sweet dreams

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations. I know you will be a huge success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Jilda, I am sure you will do a wonderful job... you have so much knowledge that you can no offer so many more people xox ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Jilda! I know you'll knock it out of the park! What a great idea. I'm looking forward to your first column!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Jilda I'm so excited for you. I'm looking forward to reading your column. Good luck with this.

    I've been burning the candle at both ends lately and haven't had much time to check blogs. sorry about that.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete