Sunday, June 27, 2010

Transformation Is Slow

Old habits die hard, that is what Hank Jr, sang about and it is true. I am working on changing or transforming some habits of mine, it is a slow process. Some days are like magic, and it is as though I never did the old habits, and then other days, well that is when those old habits fight like the devil to live! These are thoughts, beliefs, habits that I have had most of my life. I am having to rewire the circuits in my brain, change my whole thought process, challenge the very essence of my core on certain thoughts.......but it can be done, and I am doing it one day at a time. One of the things that I am trying to change, ask for help. For me, I was taught that being self-sufficient was one of the most important things in life, and while it is good, we all need help from time to time and it is important that we know it is ok to ask for help. Asking for help does not make one weak, or lazy,
it does not create personal flaws. I have come to understand, that trying to doing everything on your own can seem arrogant, egotistical. Asking for help, lets other know that you are human, and that you recognize your strengths and weakness. So, it is hard but I am trying to let go of some of those old beliefs, those old habits...........transformation is slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment