Thursday, June 17, 2010

Destination

I tell my yoga students that every day is a journey, that their yoga practice is a very personal journey just for them and for each of them their destination will be a different place, just like in life.
My journey, has taken me in many different directions, but my destination has always been pretty much the same, .......music. The past couple of nights, Rick and I have done singer/songwriter gigs. It has been a long time since we did a duet, but back around Christmas we decided it would be fun to spread our wings a little and go back to our roots. Music has been so much to us in the years that we have been together. It has been a glue, a common ground, it has opened doors, and shut some, it has introduced us to incredible friends and taken us to magical places. It has caused tears and laughter, joy and sadness, anger and hurt, has soothed us in the valleys and taken us even higher on the mountain tops, it has been a part of my life as long as I can remember. My first memory of singing, I was 5 years old, in the beauty shop, under the hairdryer, singing at the top of my lungs. Hey, it was good for some laughs! So tonight, I am grateful for the journey, with the curves, the hills, the valleys, because no matter what, even if it is just singing in the shower, I know my destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment