Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Not Alone

The VNG was not nearly as bad as I had anticipated.  It was not warm and cozy, but not torture either and the doctor who administered it was wonderful.  There is one more test and then in a couple of weeks after all the data is compiled we will sit down with the new doc and hear the findings.

Honestly it feels as though a weight has been lifted.  The doctor today discussed possibilities, both in what the findings might be, and what treatments might be considered.  She was informative and helped me to realize I am not alone.  That is a biggie you know, to realize you are not alone.

My students at work come to that understanding within a few days of being in treatment.  That realization turns on the light of hope.  You are not alone, you are not the only one.  Those phrases are life savers because you know if someone else has made it  through this, so can you.

My women's class this afternoon was wonderful.  We talked about understanding our value and how we harm ourselves so much with our thoughts and words.  They helped me today, I think, more than I helped them.  There is no enemy out there who can do as much damage to us as we do to ourselves.
Another, we are not alone moment.

Tomorrow is Thursday, face it fearlessly, spread joy, and always share kindness.

4 comments:

  1. My thoughts are still with you and will be. Waiting for a positive outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things will progress to finding a solution to your health problem.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a very encouraging day. It is very comforting to know that we are never alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad it went well and I'll be praying for you that a solution is close! Take care!

    ReplyDelete