Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Tooth Saga

The past twenty four hours has been interesting.  Yesterday was awesome, no migraine, vertigo and the eye infection is clearing up nicely.  ( oh yes, I had an eye infection as well)  Nice dinner last night and then I had my nightly little square of dark chocolate and the tooth saga began.

The tooth that came out is in the front, it had a crown with a post.  The post and tooth broke.
I now have a post with no tooth.  Tomorrow I get an impression made for a flipper.  A fake tooth that will keep me presentable.  Monday I meet with Rick's oral surgeon to see what lies a head.
We know there is an implant down the road but hoping for no bone graft.  We shall see.

Life truly is full of surprises.  I am hoping that the flipper takes care of the lisp that has occurred because of the missing tooth.  We have a gig Saturday night. Teaching today was interesting.
I had to make light of it, what else could I do? I admit I shed quite a few tears this morning.
A tooth implant is never in the budget and Halloween is still a few months away.  The missing tooth does make an unforgettable impression.

Interesting weather head toward us, a tropical depression seems to be building in the Gulf.
Lots of rain, some storms.  At least we live in the hills, those who live along the coast will deal with floods, say a prayer and send good thoughts.

Goodnight, Sweet dreams

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear Jilda. Hope things go smoothly. Hugs.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to be having a rough time and you're not even playing football. I sure hope that the flipper will work for you. Good luck with this.
    Smiles & hugs
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just hate it when the forces of good seem to be going in the opposite direction! Hope all clears up quickly and you're feeling better and no lisp! I was wondering how you guys were doing with that weather but you sound like all will be well. Take care~

    ReplyDelete