Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Happy Flowers

My parents loved gardening as much or more than I do.  They especially loved day lilies and iris.
The iris bed took up half their front yard, the day lilies took most of the back.  The iris were beautiful, but the ones that I transplanted from their yard years ago don't bloom.  They had black, purple, blues, pinks, yellows almost any color of iris you can imagine.  The iris always seemed a rather subdued. The lilies, pinks, oranges, yellows, reds singles and doubles,  were happy flowers, full of energy.

The lilies are blooming for me. I walk out in the mornings and am constantly surprised by what has appeared from my parent's garden.  This morning was no different.  I looked at the lily with gratitude and love.  Thankful that like a ray of sunshine it spread some warmth and joy my way.

Tomorrow spread some joy. 

2 comments:

  1. So sorry you couldn't come up with Rick and visit but hopefully you'll be able to one of these days! I love day lilies too and I was given an iris to plant from one of our docs...I know it won't bloom this year but I hope it will next summer. Take care Jilda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daylilies and irises are such lovely flowers. My daylilies are not yet blooming but my irises have started to bloom this week.

    Smiles & hugs.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete