Friday, April 3, 2015

Grief


And if I go,
while you're still here...
Know that I live on,
vibrating to a different measure
--behind a thin veil you cannot see through.
You will not see me,
so you must have faith.
I wait for the time when we can soar together again,
--both aware of each other.
Until then, live your life to its fullest.
And when you need me,
Just whisper my name in your heart,
...I will be there.
Ascension copyright ©1987, Colleen Corah Hitchcock


Julian Lennon posted this poem in memory of his mom who died this week.  It is one of the most beautiful memorial poems I have ever read........

At some point in our life, we will all know loss and grief, but reading this poem gives wonderful hope and comfort.  There is no time limit on grief, no way of knowing when it comes to call, only that it will.

I miss my parents today......it was one of those days that brought a longing to see them, to hear their voices and laughter.  But, I know I carry them in my heart and as long as it beats they live in my memory.

There was an exquisite moon rise tonight......but storms are on their way.  May this Friday night start your weekend with  love and hope......may it be filled with happy memories......and may peace find you where ever you may be.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this, Jilda. I had not heard the news of Cynthia Lennon's death. A beautiful poem, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking of my father for some reason. It must be a time for remembrance. That is truly a powerful poem.

    ReplyDelete