Sunday, October 19, 2014

Sundays

Sunday is my favorite day of the week.  It is the yin and yang, the beginning and the end.  It's the day to tie up loose ends, talk with friends and family, look back over the past week and look forward to the new week.  Sundays always make me feel optimistic, like I have a clean slate.  I suppose New Year's is that way for many, but with Sundays I get that feeling once a week.

We usually have a big late breakfast, take the dogs for a walk, read the papers, maybe have lunch with family.  We listen to music, do a few chores and look at the sky. Jordan and Sam come over and hang out in the back yard, sometimes friends come by.  We sat around this evening and played some songs, getting ready for our gig next week.

I think Sundays are extra special, because rarely do we have an agenda for Sundays.  My day planner is usually full, months in advance, but I try my best to leave Sundays open.  I suppose I think of Sundays as a personal day, my time if you will......and there is nothing better than a nap on Sunday afternoon.

Today has been a routine, normal Sunday........for me, a wonderful day.....I am rested, refreshed and at peace.......it's been a good day.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better Jilda! I love the pic of the boys and the cookies..sweet memories for them! I love Sunday because we don't plan anything except church and family stuff...I really look forward to this day of rest! I try hard not to think of Monday morning though! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear you are feeling a bit better and yes Sundays are great to just relax and reflect plus take that great nap :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a great plan for Sunday.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete