Sunday, October 26, 2014

Lifestyle

My nutrition and lifestyle class today was a bear, over four hours of video, and then homework and test.......I had to keep an activity journal this week, here's how I stack up for the week:
110  minutes of aerobic activity ( 40 minutes shy of what is recommended)  90 minutes of resistance training, 90 minutes of flexibility and 210 minutes of neuromotor work.  Yep, that is my average week, so to up my aerobic activity, I will increase walk time and nordic track time.

In two weeks, I will get my certification in nutrition/healthy lifestyle from Vanderbilt.  Not sure what I will do with it, but I have learned a great deal, realized I already knew a great deal......I am ready for the next round!

One thing I can tell you, as we age, nutrition and movement are the big keys for good health. Our moms were  right, LOTS of fruits and veggies will make us strong and healthy.....so will water, fresh air, sunshine and that dreaded word.....exercise. ( moderate, 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week)

Here's to a brand new week, don't take your health for granted, do something good for yourself every day.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, the exercise is the hard one. Good luck.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. One reason I'm getting my knees done is so I can go back to my walking routine. My Mom says "Don't stop moving or they'll get ya!" I'm not sure who "they" are but she's a healthy 88yr old and you can't argue with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to hear more about what certification program you are going through!

    ReplyDelete