Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Strangely Calm

I am strangely calm tonight.......tomorrow will be my first treatment with a different brand.  Usually, I am full of dread the night before.  Can you blame me?  After two and a half years of serum sickness/side effects.....but I have contacted a new immunologist and following his recommendations the brand has been changed ( seems the old one was notorious for issues) and a bag of fluids will be given before the IVIG is started.

I am optimistic and hopeful......I have to be.  I have been told the treatments are "life sustaining", if I stop them, then I am an open target for infections, colds, flu, pneumonia, a sort of bubble girl.  But the serum sickness/side effects are so bad at times, I cannot function.  I am going into this, expecting the best.  Only time will tell, the next few days, and couple of weeks will be interesting.
Will keep you posted.
Goodnight, Sweet dreams  

4 comments: