Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The Essence of Who You Are

Last photo from Johnson City I promise.   This is how I transform on the weekends, this is my joy.
I have been performing since I was nine years old. This is who I am.

In my classes at work, I often ask my students if they remember what they enjoyed most as a child......what was their passion.....what did they want to be when they grew up.
And, if they could spend their days doing anything at all.....what would it be.  It is amazing how  many don't remember their dreams, they don't remember what gave them joy.

We grow up, get on a path that often has no real meaning to us......it is just a way to make a living.  I understand that.....I like a roof over my head and three meals a day as much as anyone.  But you can still take your dreams, your passion, your joy and bring them into your life in small ways. You can still hold on to the essence of who you are.  

2 comments:

  1. I always wanted to write... I agree we should live our dreams Jilda ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds terrible to say, but I also don't remember my dreams. I do know that I am very happy being a wife and a stay at home Mom!

    My daughter is in her second year of playing guitar and is singing some. It makes her so happy, and that makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete