Monday, September 15, 2014

Ouch

Ok, I spent a great deal of time on the sofa the past four days since treatment.......and one of my most delightful pleasures was reading O magazine.  There is a column called Dare to Recharge, that struck a nerve with me.  Because of that column, I did much more resting and me time......I made smarter decisions and truly thought about my wellness and recovery.

I will share with you all a quote from this column, this one, slapped me in the face.

"If you don't want to burn out, stop living like you're on fire."
- a quote that Brene Brown says was a priest's advice.

I talk with my classes about stillness and self-care almost daily......I write about it almost daily.
That quote put it into perspective.
Goodnight, Sweet dreams

1 comment:

  1. We all need to rest sometimes... sweet dreams to you too Jilda :-)

    ReplyDelete