Sunday, May 25, 2014

Thanks

I won't kid you, music can be extremely gratifying and rewarding......it can also be heartbreaking and frustrating.  I think of my music career like a strange and weird love affair, full of giddy high times and soul searching , dark times.......but, I cannot ever imagine my life without my music.

I am not alone with these thoughts.....our music think tank met today and hearing the other guys talk, I realized that common thread we all have of music weaves its spell on our lives daily.  We all continue to write and perform regardless of how our careers are going, whether we get paid or not.......it is such a powerful force, we cannot stop, even if we wanted too.

I know that  for many of you, this is a long holiday weekend.  As long as I have military students, I will always teach them on Memorial Day.  It is the best way I know to honor the memories of all of those who have given their lives for their country and to let those know who have served and are still serving that I appreciate their willingness to sacrifice the most valuable gift of all, their life.
Happy Memorial Day, enjoy the time off, enjoy the fun and food.......but don't forget what this day is all about.

PS.  If you get the opportunity to hear live music tomorrow, be sure and tell the musicians thanks and if they have a cd, buy one!

No comments:

Post a Comment