Friday, May 9, 2014

Fun Is Good Medicine

Today was a very good day.  It was time for us to read to Jordan's kindergarten class, so we picked up the book, Pete the Cat, Rocking in My School Shoes.  We got to Jordan's classroom about nine this morning and there were all five kindergarten classes waiting for us.  We took the guitar, let the kids interact with us, and we all had a wonderful time.


At lunch, we met my sister Pat and her daughters Becky and Jayna in Birmingham.  I am often asked if I have kids, I say no, but I have great nieces and nephews who tell people that Rick and I are their second parents.  For as long as I can remember, Becky and Jayna have always bought me mother's day gifts, today was no exception.  I can't imagine birthing children and loving them anymore than I do these girls.

I know I should have stayed home and rested today......but reading to five kindergarten classes and having lunch with my sister and nieces was way more important.....and much more fun.  You know, fun is good medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment